[Silk is encyclopedia of knowledge] How to wash silk silk How to maintain silk silk
With the continuous improvement of living standards, people's requirements for bedding are getting higher and higher. And 97% of the silk quilt is pure natural animal protein, which is very close to the human skin, so the human skin will have a kind of intimate feeling, and the silk is very light, and there is no pressure on the body, which helps sleep. . Then how to buy silk, how to clean it, let's take a look at it with Xiaobian!
table of Contents
Silk is introduced
Advantages and disadvantages of silk quilt
Classification of silk quilts
How is silk identified?
Silk quilt selection skills
Cleaning and maintenance of silk quilts
Which silk is used?
1 silk is introduced
Silk is a natural fiber that combines lightness, softness and fineness in nature. It is known as the "second skin of the human body" and is called "Fiber Queen" by the industry. Its main component is pure natural animal protein fiber, its structure is the closest to human skin, 87% is exactly the same, contains a variety of essential amino acids, wind, dehumidification, soothe, nourish and balance human skin. effect. The silk is smooth, breathable, soft, hygroscopic, non-itching and anti-static. It makes it a superior material for making close-fitting clothing, while the silk with silk as the inner quality is more close to the body, warm, fluffy and soft, breathable health care, deep sleep. Waiting for the unique qualities and advantages. In ancient times, the princes of the officials and the princes of the emperor and the relatives of the country used silk quilts.
2 Advantages and disadvantages of silk quilt
First, the longest life of the quilt
Silk can be covered for almost 15 to 20 years. After the time of the ordinary quilt cover is long, it will be mildewed, and there will be intrusion of aphids and bacteria. Desiccant must also be placed when collecting ordinary quilts. Silk is never needed. Because silk is covered with a layer of sericin on the outside of silk protein, it has natural immunity to aphids and various microorganisms. why? The silkworm cocoon itself evolves, and it takes more than a week to process silkworms into silkworms. During this period, silkworm cocoons are easily eroded by the outside world, while microorganisms, bacteria and small insects naturally avoid them under the action of sericin, but humans will not have What is wrong. During the evolution of silkworms, the sericin formed is the best material to protect the silkworm cocoons themselves, and even some skin germs will be quickly removed by this sericin. The silk is covered, it will be very comfortable, breathable, warm, environmentally friendly, and it will be used for a long time.
Second, the most detoxified quilt
The main route of human detoxification is urination, defecation and perspiration. Every night when I go to sleep, the skin does not have a rest. The moisture and heat that it emits contain toxins from the body. The silk protein outside the silk contains a substance called "hydrophilic side chain amino acid", which can absorb the moisture in the air and remove it to keep the quilt dry and bring you a clean and healthy sleeping environment.
Third, the cleanest quilt
Nowadays, the flower quilt, the waterfowl quilt and the seven-hole quilt on the market are all chemical fiber quilts. In the autumn and winter seasons, the weather is dry, chemical fiber materials are prone to static electricity, and your dander and dust are absorbed. Over time, you and your family spend one night after night in such a quilt, and health is not guaranteed. Silk is a protein fiber, and friction does not generate static electricity. Therefore, silk is the cleanest quilt.
3 Classification of silk quilts
Silk is divided according to the content of the filler, generally 100%, 70%, 30%, etc. The composition of the mixture is mulberry silk, tussah silk, short fiber silk, chemical fiber, kapok, cotton, etc., because there are too many species. It is not easy to distinguish, so it will not be described in detail. Here I will only introduce the types of silk quilts filled with 100% silk: there are three kinds of mulberry silk quilts, tussah silk quilts and short fiber silk quilts.
1. Silk quilt: The silk is produced by the silkworm in the south, the silk is thin and long, the white is slightly yellow, the hand feels smooth and smooth, and there is a faint smell of animal fiber. The quilt made from this silk is particularly soft and close to the body. However, mulberry silk has a disadvantage. After a long period of use, the silk is easily tightened, resulting in a thinned quilt and a reduced warming effect. However, it can be kept fluffy by frequent drying and tapping.
2, tussah silk quilt: silk is produced by wild silkworms in the north, slightly thicker than mulberry silk, its original color is gray-black, often with chemical agents for fading in order to be accepted by consumers. Tussah silk contains more sericin, so it has a thicker feel and a darker luster. At the same time, the tussah silk is also strong in rigidity, and it is not very close to the body when used. However, the tussah silk is better than the mulberry silk, and the tussah silk is more elastic, which is not easy to be thinned and more durable.
3. Short-fiber silk quilt: It is a silk fiber of 2~4 cm long made by processing the old silk products. The fibers are very short and therefore easily disintegrated, and are generally chemically bleached. Because the raw materials for making short fibers are rather messy, the specific qualities are not the same.
4 How is silk identified?
First, the logo is not qualified
According to the standard requirements, the product identification of the silk quilt must be correctly marked: the name and address of the manufacturer, the product name, product type and specification, the composition and content of the raw materials used, the washing and maintenance method, the product standard number, and the product quality level. , product quality inspection certificate.
The identification of unqualified silk quilts often has the following two problems:
1. The label is not marked as required by the standard. The missing items, durability labels, and labels on the product packaging are inconsistent. For example, the content of the durability label is: “50% silk, 50% viscose”, and the content of the outer packaging label is “100% silk”. Consumers often only see the logo of the outer packaging, so they are deceived.
2. Use the fuzzy concept, not specifically indicating the type and length of the silk. If correctly labeled, it should be “50% mulberry silk (medium long silk cotton), 50% tussah silk (medium long silk cotton)” silk quilt, only labeled: silk 100%, in fact, the price of mulberry silk is higher than tussah silk, Consumers can't really understand the quality of the product through the label. In addition, for the production of the tire, the longer the length of the silk, the better, such as the whole tire is drawn from the filament, it is not easy to undergo displacement deformation; if the tire is made of medium or long silk cotton In the case of fiber, the fiber is prone to displacement deformation and entanglement into a mass, so that the quilting process must be used in the processing, and the quilted silk is pulled and squeezed by the needle thread, and the amount of air in the tire is less, and the bulkiness is less. Poor, warmth is relatively poor.
Second, the filler is shoddy
Most consumers use eye-catching, hand-touching, post-burning residue and smell to judge the quality of the product. Some are partially or partially covered with tussah silk, while mulberry silk and tussah have the same burning performance. Ordinary consumers cannot distinguish the quality of products through these methods, even professional technicians need to use microscopes and other methods to accurately determine. Some traders have sold polyester as silk, and printed “silk quilt” or “pure silk quilt” on the packaging to attract consumers at a low price of one or two hundred yuan. These traders often appear in the morning market. In the night market, non-standard trade fairs, some also appeared outside the large-scale regular trade fairs, selling these counterfeit quilts in the name of handling the sales samples. Such counterfeiting is easily identified. Consumers only need to be wary, open a small amount of silk wool and burn it with a fire. It will be found that the polyester burns with black smoke and the residue is hard and not broken. However, viscose fiber and tussah silk (mulberry silk) are also combined to have these characteristics, so such blended products are also easy for consumers to be fooled.
5 Silk quilt selection skills
First, look at the high-quality silk appearance with a pearl-like color, slightly yellowish milky white. The surface of the silk has a soft luster, no blackening, no blemishes, long silky, diffuse refraction of light; cleanliness with few impurities, orderly and tidy silk; and poor quality silk is often added with hydrogen peroxide The bleach chemical has been treated, and its appearance is pale, not shiny and moist, with more impurities and confusion.
The high-quality silk touch is smooth, smooth and elastic, and has no hard clumps; the silk is silky and soft, and it is easy to stick to the real thing; the non-sticky hand is fake. Inferior silk has a rough touch, no flexibility, no moisturizing feeling, and has a relatively large number of stolons, clams, oysters and mites. The other is to rub the exposed zipper opening for about one minute, and then let it absorb the small paper grain size of the paper scraps, the distance is about 0.3mm to 1mm, if you can pick up the paper scraps, it means chemical fiber or blend A large number of chemical filaments, pure silk does not produce static electricity.
Natural, silk without any chemicals, has a natural odor of silkworms, and inferior silks add silicone oil and softener to increase the smoothness. Silk with oily or mildewy smell is inferior. Oily or mildewy silk is inferior.
The burning point of the burning silk is very low, and it is extinguished very quickly after burning. Therefore, the silk is not flammable when burned, and stops when it is separated from the flame. The smoke emerging from the burning is white, accompanied by the burning smell of protein from the burning feathers. The burnt ash is brittle and brittle, and the hand is pinched into powder; the chemical fiber is burning with black smoke and irritating odor, gray The end is black and the hand is pinched, and there is a clear difference between the two.
Silk is pulled by hand with high-quality silk, it is not easy to pull open, and the inferior silk will be pulled by hand, and some will be bundled. The better the silk stretch, the better the quality. Studies have shown that the superior tensile strength of mulberry silk should be stronger than that of the same diameter. The high-quality silk has excellent recovery elasticity; while the inferior silk has poor fiber strength and elastic properties such as recovery elasticity.
6 Cleaning and maintenance of silk quilts
How is the silk washed?
The inner tube of the silk quilt is not allowed to be washed and dry-cleaned. If the inner tube fabric is accidentally stuck with stains, it can be brushed with a little water and slowly ironed with an iron low temperature cloth, but care must be taken not to allow the heated part to contact the heat source for a long time. Conventional cleaning of silk quilts can only wash the outer quilt cover. If necessary, the inner quilt can be removed by carefully cutting the wire surface nails for washing. However, this operation should not be carried out in a hurry and should be done by skilled personnel or by the factory personnel to avoid damage.
Silk is cleaned:
1. The silk is covered with 3 layers, silk, inner sleeve and quilt cover. The silk + inner sleeve is the so-called core, which cannot be washed (except for the washable silk cold). The quilt cover can be removed and washed. Therefore, there is a quilt cover that is generally not dirty inside.
2. Silk is not easy to generate static electricity, so it will not absorb dust and dirt like chemical fiber and wool. It has been very clean even after using it for several years. So don't worry.
3. If the core is accidentally contaminated with stains, use a neutral detergent to partially dry in a cool place to dry. If you can't handle it yourself, you can go to the dry cleaner for local treatment.
A good bed of silk, if used properly, can be used for up to 10 years.
Maintenance of silk during use:
1. Please put on the quilt cover of moderate size when using. Do not run or jump on the silk tire to avoid deformation of the silk tire, especially to prevent the child from bedwetting on the silk tire.
2, silk should be air-conditioned, but remember to expose
7 Which brand of silk is good?
Xiaobian recommended Qin Yue home textile silk quilt, authentic. Interested parties contact!
Related Industry Knowledge
- The historical origins of pillows
- How do ancient people make pillows in bed?
- Cervical Pillow
- Classification of pillows
- Suitable for the crowd of pillows
- Folding cervical pillow does not sleep into cer...
- Folding and buying pillows have a lot of learning
- Good filling material for pillows
- The main structure of the pillow.
- Reasonable height of the pillow
- How to clean the silk how to maintain
- Air conditioning is different from the essence ...
- Silk pillow - fiber queen
- What is the effect of silk pillows?
- How to maintain the silk at home, learn these t...
- Silk quilt storage method
- How to identify the good and bad of silk quilts